I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love ice cream, do you?
And it can be really easy to make it at home and you don’t need any special equipment just to make ice cream. How do you like that? I love it. It’s so easy to make. Depending on flavor it can take as low as 15 minutes to whip up.
But today, let’s take a path less travelled – roasted grape ice cream. This is super yum and packed with amazing flavor. If you are a bit bored with your favorite chocolate ice cream, this is what you need to try.
- Mix of black/red grapes, 500 gram
- 5 tbsp honey
- Pinch os sea salt
- 250ml heavy/whipping cream
- 100 gram condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Pre-heat the over at 180 degree. place the grapes in a baking tray, drizzle honey and some sea salt. Roast it in the oven at 180 degree centigrade for around an hour until the skin is wrinkled and it start to release the juice. Take it out and let it cool a bit.
- Take the heavy/whipping cream in a mixing bowl and add the cream of tartar. Cream of tartar helps prevent crystallization of ice cream. So try not to skip it if possible. Now using a hand/stand mixer, whip it until it forms stiff peaks.
- Puree the grapes with a spoon/potato masher. Don’t juice it completely. It gives a nice texture to the ice cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix the condensed milk and grape puree well. Once mixed, add the whipped cream and just combine them without deflating too much.
- Pour it in a freezer safe dish and cover it with a cling wrap. Let it set overnight. And enjoy.