For a long work day, this is one of my favorite option for dinner. Super simple one pan baked chicken with veggies. You hardly need 15 minutes to prep and still can have a good dinner after a long tiring day. I usually get up for 15 minutes between work, do the prep and while the oven is doing it’s thing, I finish my work.
There are many flavor variations you can do for Oven baked Chicken and Veggies, and this is one of my favorite flavor. They honey caramelizes the chicken and the carrots real well and the soft succulent potatoes are a treat. Do give this a try if you don’t wanna spend more than 15 minutes on your dinner.
- 2 Chicken breast
- 5 small potatoes
- 5 – 6 baby carrots
- 5 tbsp organic raw honey
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Herb Butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree celcius.
- Cut the chicken breast from middle horizontally to have two thin slices.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots. Cut the potatoes in smaller chunks. The smaller the size, the faster it will cook. I used baby carrots. If you have normal sized carrots cut them into smaller sizes as well.
- In a bowl take honey, garlic powder, garlic paste, butter, soy sauce, chilli flakes & dried basil and mix it well.
- Lightly oil a baking pan. Place the chicken pieces and veggies on it. Brush the sauce on the chicken pieces well and also on the veggies. Pour the rest of the sauce on the tray. Sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Put the pan inside the preheated oven in the middle rack (lower stand in microwave) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Once done Put the tray in the top rack or in broil rack (High stand in microwave) to broil for 5 minutes to get a nice caramelized finish.
- Do keep an eye on the chicken and the veggies. But on an average, it usually takes me 25-30 minutes to be completely done. Enjoy with some bread.