I first came to know about Brookies while watching MasterChef, either USA or Australia, couple of years ago. And the idea was an instant hit with me. I never liked those hard cookies that one would find most often in market. I like that chewy texture in a cookie. So, whenever I make cookies at home, they are essentially these fudgy brownie cookies. Here, I made ice cream sandwich using some of these brookies and it was divine.
Here’s my tried and tested recipes for the Brookies.
- 2/3rd cup All Purpose flour
- 1/3rd cup Cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 100 grams chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, shift and mix all the dry ingredients. Melt 100 grams chocolate and keep it aside to cool down.
- In another large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until pale. add the eggs and mix it together. Now add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract and whish until all mixed well.
- Now add the dry ingredients and fold them in. There should be no dry flour in the mixture. Add the chocolate chunks to the mixture. Put the mixture in fridge for around 30 minutes to set.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree centigrade.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scooper (or you can simply use your hand as well, but using an ice cream scooper ensures all cookies are of same size) scoop out the cookie dough and place them on the parchment paper.
- Bake it for around 13 minutes at 180 degree. Let them cool for 10 minutes in the oven itself before taking it out. Then cool the brookies completely.
- Have it with milk or make them into ice cream sandwich. I used salted caramel ice cream and the combination was amazing. Enjoy.