Aglio Olio is the simplest pasta dish and yet has amazing flavor. I love to make spaghetti aglio olio, specially on a week night after a busy day at work. It takes 15-20 minutes and the dinner is served. I try to keep the flavor profile simple, and sometimes add some protein, mostly some shredded chicken or sausage to it.
Here’s my simple Spaghetti Aglio Olio recipe.
- Spaghetti Pasta, 250 grams
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- Cherry tomatoes, a handful (optional)
- Chilly flakes, 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil, 4 tbsp
- Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp
- Boil water in a pot with a tsp of salt and cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the pack.
- While the pasta is cooking, thinly slice garlic cloves. Once the pasta is cooked, remove it from water and sprinkle 1 tbsp of olive oil on it.
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp olive oil and add the chilly flakes, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Saute it until the garlic starts getting light golden in color. Do not burn the garlic here. As soon as it starts getting light golden, remove it from heat.
- Toss in the pasta and the Italian seasoning and coat it well in the garlic infused oil. Check and add more salt if required.
- Serve it hot and garnish with some shredded cheese on top.