I have been making pizza at home for quite long now. I am a bit particular about what goes on my pizza and hence I like the control. I don’t do greens on my pizza, nope.
Here’s my recipe for Pizza. I usually do the pizza bread with yeast. I have tried the same without yeast as well. But if I have yeast available, I prefer the yeast version.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 4 tsp warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- Boneless Chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- Onions, diced
- sweet corn kernel
- Cheese, shredded, as much as you want
- Paprika/ Chilly flakes
- Italian spice mix (Oregano, Basil etc.)
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- First, mix the yeast with warm water and let it sit for 10 minutes. It will create bubbles.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar and add the yeast mixture.
- Start working the dough and add extra water if required.
- Once the dough comes together, it’s done.
- Take another clean boil and oil the surface and the sides. Place the dough in the bowl and ensure it’s oiled from all sides.
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes and the dough will double in size.
- After 30 minutes, take the dough out, flatten it with your hand.
- Oil the surface of your baking dish. Put the dough in the centre, and start pressing it down with your hand. I don’t roll my pizza dough.
- Spread the dough all over your dish and make the sides thicker.
- This dough makes me a thin crust Pizza in my 26cm baking tray with thick sides. Using a fork make small holes across the base.
- Put it in your oven and let it bake for 5 minutes at 180 degree celcius.
- While the dough is baking, make your pizza sauce. In a mixer, add tomatoes and garlic cloves and make a smooth paste.
- Once done, put it on a pan and put it on gas.
- Let it thicken a bit so that it’s not watery. Add the tomato sauce to it, and some paprika.
- Prepare your toppings as well, i.e., cut your chicken into small cubes, dice onions and whatever else you need. I don’t cook them separately.
- In a bowl, take 1 tbsp olive oil and add in the spices. Mix it well and add the toppings as well.
- Give it a nice mix so that the toppings are completely quoted in the oil and spice mix.
- Now take the Pizza base out of your oven. First brush the surface with some olive oil. Put some extra on the sides as well.
- Oiling the surface helps in creating a barrier between the base and the sauce.
- Now spread the sauce on the base. Add the cheese on top.
- Spread the topping well on the surface.
- I don’t preheat my oven separately as it’s already pre-heated from baking the base.
- Put the pizza in for 15-20 minutes. In my convection microwave, it takes around 20 minutes to bake completely. I like hard edges with chewy base.
- Sprinkle more oregano and chilly flakes on top and there you have your Pizza for Friday dinner.
NOTE : If you don’t have yeast, use baking powder for the dough.