We first ordered this dish a couple months before the lock down started from a local restaurant. Soon it became a staple for Friday night order-ins.
When the lock down started, we were craving for this dish and I thought of making it at home. It’s actually quite easy to make and I have made it multiple times even on weekdays for dinner. We love to have it with nice flaky lachha paratha and mint coriander chutney. I also use it sometime as Burger patty for chicken tikka burger.
So next time you are craving for some kebabs, try this recipe.
- 300 grams Chicken Mince/Keema
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped (You can also add mint leaves with cilantro)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp paprika/red chilli powder (adjust as per your preference)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp corn flour/gram flour (Do not skip this)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Take the finely chopped onion and tomato in a clean large bowl. Add all the spices, ginger garlic paste and salt to it and mix well.
- Crack an egg into the mixture and mix it well.
- Then add the gram flour or corn flour to the mixture and give it a quick mix.
- Add the keema to the mixture and mix it well. sprinkle the coriander leaves and give one final mix.
- Do not knead it. You can also put all the ingredients together and give it a mix. I do it in steps to ensure that everything is mixed really well.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This will help the kebab to hold the shape. Do not skip this step.
- After 30 minutes, take out the mixture from fridge. Heat oil in a frying pan. We will shallow fry the kebabs so don’t need a lot of oil for this. I use around 2 tbsp.
- Wet your palms and take some kebab mixture and shape it like a patty. Put it on the frying pan. I put three kebabs at a time so that there’s enough space to turn the kebabs without breaking any.
- Gently turn and cook the other side till golden brown on both sides. It takes around 7-8 minutes to cook both sides on medium heat.
- This recipe yields around 8 kebabs.